Spain Camy Jet astronaut variant

Alain Lapointe

I've found the variant for the Camy astronaut bringing the air conditioning case, which has been turned in a sort of sphere with handle. 'thought that was the only changement, but the silver one is smaller, slightly different face, some wrinkles more on the suit. The base also is smaller and with a different shape. Yet in Spain is identified as Camy from the series of the premium figures.

DSCN8102[1].JPG

Far Out: I have a couple of these incoming from the Action Man (pseudonym) in Spain, if the President lets them into the country. Also in silver plastic and identified as premium figures. Very interesting design to them. The orange is much nicer than the silver.

IMO it could be a bad extrusion example, maybe caused by the use of a wrong plastic material or the nearing of the "end of life" for the moulds...🤔

The piece face is somewhat distorted too...

An example not, because there are more existing, different plastic shrinking may be, but wouldn't explain the diffent wrinkles. That sphere looks detailed, has a line with indents around,

1 hour ago, Alain Lapointe said:

An example not, because there are more existing, different plastic shrinking may be, but wouldn't explain the diffent wrinkles. That sphere looks detailed, has a line with indents around,

All is possible clearly, but I stand by my educated guess (and my arrogance and presumption, as always...😸) that this "variant" is an "end of line", "lets clear the moulds" piece...😉

• 3 weeks later...

First series had either comansi stamped on base or nothing, the Ovni series was made in late 60s after the broadcasting of the Invaders. 2000 is the series, following numbers the poses. These are the complete set of poses for both spacemen and aliens. In the third pic, the two civilians that you could find in the box 'Los Invasores' only

tutti_i_comansi.JPG

73311269_1410437175773651_7329646670294024192_n.jpg

29388318_983524028464970_7553996129565871309_n.jpg

Here one of the boxes, you can clearly see graphics have nothing in common with the Anderson's series

99934ae13722d1cdfca92872.jpg

Actually I can’t see the difference as I am unfamiliar with both series, do not speak Spanish or live in Europe, do not collect Gerry Anderson material, and have not engaged in research about either toy line or the companies who manufactured them. 

Both series were broadcast in USA too, and the Invaders was american, anyway you can see from these pics the similarities (saucer and fonts) with the Invaders tv series

hqdefault.jpg

250px-The_Invaders_title_screen.jpg