Lido Super-Site Gun Repair

Tinman

I picked up this gun for what I thought was a reasonable price, unfortunately the seller didn't mention the inside mechanism was broken and actually rattled.  I was going to contact the seller but I noticed the glued halves around the grip was weak and easily split when I pulled them apart, with the piece of spring steel falling out.  I have to figure out how it goes back in, so could anyone (Brady), tell me how this gun functions?  Is it a clicker or does the "magic bullet" simply pop out as long as the trigger is pulled...I'm thinking the later?  No plastic fell out and everything else seems to be intact.  Thanks in advance!

IMG_22922s.jpg.5f7f27f48722413cf4a3a4087b69b5f1.jpg

Bill, I checked mine in red, blue knurled section in back with blue bullet.  When I press the trigger with no click , the blue knurled( yours white)  section moves forward and the bullet extend about 3/8" out of barrel. No sign of mine ever tampered with. I don't know how that's accomplished inside.  You should be able to try that function unless something else is missing.

Bill...Phil, my gun does indeed click as the "bullet" pops out of the barrel. Now, was this different in later guns? I have no idea, but you can feel the spring tension as you pull the trigger, so there is a spring inside mine.

I'm guessing it is a tensioning spring, as opposed to simply a clicker/sound spring.

Bill, mine has pressure on the trigger and kind of make a sound like a click when I release the trigger when it recoils. Is that what you mean or an actual click? As you know this gun also has a whistle in the end of the grip.

Thanks guys.  I was able to see the areas that the piece of spring steel rubs on and was able to get it back in the gun; it only fits one way, being thin on one end with the notch on the other.  It doesn't click and doesn't seem to have the innards to do so.  The "magic bullet" stays out as long as I have the trigger pulled and only recoils when I release the trigger.

I'm glad I was able to get back to working order (?); it's never been one of my favorites because it's not very spacey but I couldn't pass up the price.  Vintage Lido too.

OK, I figured it out.  The spring steel has a circular dimple; when you pull the trigger the steel bends and causes the dimple to "click."  Kind of like a Snapple lid when you take it off the bottle and press it in the center.  I'm able to get it to click in my hand but not when it's installed in the gun.  I've tried bending it a couple placed but it still doesn't work and I'm afraid it may break if I mess with it anymore.  Anyway, mystery solved.

BTW, if anyone encounters a beat-up example of the gun I could use as a donor, let me know; for now, I won't glue it back together with the hopes of finding a replacement.