MY FAVORITE ELECTRONIC GUNS

Phil R

Among the more than 400+ ray guns I have in my collection are designs that span the time from  1930s Buck Rogers to current time.  Anything that strikes my fancy and I can afford it is fair game.  I love my vintage classics but for action and fun it's all about  the electronics. Some collectors are purists and only consider the classic tin and plastic.  I'm an artist first and and anything goes with the mix of sound, function and design. Here are some of my favorite electronic rayguns in my collection.    Includes young granddaughter at age 3 and my Dune gun costume.  

Feel free to add any that you prefer.

2379-1.jpg

3506-2.jpg

3506-7.jpg

7442253822_bc62c56e97.jpg

B7dfwBWkKGrHqJi4EzMrfwTnrBNvgiCyuQ_12.JPG

DSCF0002-17 - Copy.JPG

mars attacks gun.JPG

metal finish raygun.JPG

P6040014.JPG

post-656-1281598697.jpg

rifle.JPG

stng phasers 002.jpg

DSCF0002-4 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0002_3182.JPG

phil spaceman2-3.jpg

15 hours ago, Phil R said:

7442253822_bc62c56e97.jpg

post-656-1281598697.jpg

Those ones are weird, may be a little "too much" but I like them.

Is the captain scarlet a repro of an earlier gun?

Which one of your electronic gun has the best action in your opinion?

It depends what you mean by action. Crazy blinky flash or , photon realistic gun with sound. Crazy would be the green hand gun and rifle.  More realistic would be the Sonic Laser Carbine or the almost movie like Super Laser copper gun which is adult scale. The Captain Scarlet gun is 1993.

I liked LEXX. Tweedle was underestimated as a foe. If I told people 20 years ago I watched Lexx they would have thought I was on acid.  My wife would have committed me. Maybe that's why I completely forgot I watched . It was a guilty pleasure.  Kind of like those weird dreams I wake up from. Taking a lot of medications is a bi**h.

Loved the show...Especially Fire and Water episodes..I just finished watching the entire show again on Prime.  Nigel Bennett [Prince] plays a great evil part.  I thought I was the only one ever to watch it..My wife never understood it. Maybe it was Xev.........

• 3 weeks later...

The bottom rifle is unique can trade out the end piece with the other three attachment for a longer bayonet look if you like. The bottom gun on the red matting that style was painted up and used in the Andromeda Tv series I believe. Lots of electronic toy space guns were used painted up or as base guns that were modified in productions like Andromeda, Kill joys, Men in Black 2, Power Rangers, and other shows.