Yonezawa Jupiter Robot

roboz

Anyone ever track the 18K Jupiter sale ?? doesn't seem as if any feedback was left either way...Going back up for sale perhaps ??

Hello folks,

I just got back from the Utrecht, Jaarbeurs (Big collectors show in Netherlands/Europe) and bring some brand new information from the Jupiter Robot story in Germany.

I met a man from Berlin, where the Toy has been offered from a Toy dealer at Ebay.

He told me that this toy dealer had already offered the Jupiter Robot at a Toy show in Germany for about 1000 Euro (1050 US Dollar) ... an guess what, nobody wanted it.

The highest offer from someone had been around 800 Euro. So the dealer decided to put it on Ebay... and you know the rest of the story.

Funny isnt it ?

Hi Gernot,

anything interesting in Utrecht: robots ??

about the Jupiter: there has not been any feedback for it, so not sure buyer paid it or German seller is probably out for a long holiday after that adventure .....

Hello Radar

I think we should wait for the feedback. Either the big money transaction takes a while (international bank to bank transfer) or the buyer even decided to come in Person to Germany to succeed the deal, who knows.

However the dealer seems to be a trustful person.

About Utrecht Show... it is the situation all over the world, the toy shows are going down.

People dont spend the money easiliy because of world wide economy problems, the war and other reasons. And the internet business is hitting the toy market very heavily.

There were just a few international dealers with very few interesting robots or space toys, beside me off course.

I was offering some nice space toys and a few robots, but there were only very few collectors there.

Nevertheless I still like to go to toy shows , it is a different feeling searching and finding something than surfing the Internet. You are able to meet real people and .... real toys (or reproductions !).

Lucky me, I was able to purchase an incredible space related toy from a collector friend, a wonderful MARS SPACE CAR from Excelo, Japan (see picture)

So the show was good for me after all.

post-2-1049671256_thumb.jpg

Nice to hear from you Gernot. The mars car is a great piece(I am still looking for one!!)Give me a few days to dig out my picture of its box which is incredible to say the least.

Shows here are in the same shape as in your part of the world. Bad economy, internet,scarcity and a reluctance to travel have done there damage.

I was told the same story about the Jupiter sitting on the dealer's table for around $1,000(I heard even less)and not selling. The seller must have felt like he hit the lottery via ebay. It is a done deal between the dealer and the buyer to the best of my knowledge.

• 20 years later...