Saint John

Sparkrobot

I don't know much about this company but they have been around a while and what I've seen it's usually budget repros or really quirky designed clockwork creations.

Over the years one or two have caught my eye as stand out pieces that envitabally get overlooked and forgotten about by collector's.

I saw this one on sale on Amazon

The Dark Templar

and thought it is Soo out there it deserves a mention here.🤪

Screenshot_20200218_211406.jpg

They have been very quite, the last release they did early last year were the planes. The first fire plane came out in 2018.

SJ fire.jpg

planes.jpg

4 hours ago, Sparkrobot said:

I don't know much about this company but they have been around a while and what I've seen it's usually budget repros or really quirky designed clockwork creations.

Over the years one or two have caught my eye as stand out pieces that envitabally get overlooked and forgotten about by collector's.

I saw this one on sale on Amazon

The Dark Templar

and thought it is Soo out there it deserves a mention here.🤪

Screenshot_20200218_211406.jpg

I got that one because I loved the look of it. Very original.

I follow Saint John on FB and ping them every now and again for releases they promised years ago.  The last thing I purchased from then was the Space Patrol car, which is very well done and has great litho.  The Space Racer is the one I've been waiting on and they always use the production of the box as the holdup, which I think is ridiculous after 2+ years.  They supposedly have some great space-related releases coming, but I'm loosing faith that we'll ever see them.

I’ve been waiting for them to release the Mr. Atomic car myself which I think is just awesome. I did get the Space Patrol car last year and I agree that it is a nice little windup with great litho.

This St. John's fellow is one of the few "newer" robots that I really enjoy.
he also is fairly well made - spring never locking up, etc...

20200219_095609.jpg

16 hours ago, Andyman said:

I got that one because I loved the look of it. Very original.

I agree the Dark Templar is a very nice robot. I'm happy to have one in my collection. I wish they could create more with original design.

IMG_4325 (2).JPG

MG 9S9 Tinman Roboto RoboD and Andy

I'm glad you appreciate Saint John, they seem to be inspired by classics and then put their own spin on them, also they are pretty well made and at a reasonable price.

Sadly I have seen quite a few of their designs that miss the mark.

It's a shame because with a consistent run of good designs they could be a company that could produce bigger impressive robots.

This would surely get them a  more respected market place.🤔😊

13 minutes ago, Sparkrobot said:

Sadly I have seen quite a few of their designs that miss the mark.

It's a shame because with a consistent run of good designs they could be a company that could produce bigger impressive robots.

This would surely get them a  more respected market place.🤔😊

I agree with you Spark. I don't really like their big ARM. It would have be better if they have created their big tin robot with their own design.

As I said earlier.

Classics with their own spin.

I still think they are capable of a Really impressive original.

In fact The Dark Templar

Bigger with other colour variations would be great

I like their work and they're very responsive to comments on Facebook but I think they'd do better with something original vice using the same old shapes.  Look at the buzz the Walmart robots created, imagine how a new and unique tin litho robot would do in the community.