Another Mystery... Clicker Gun

MrRayGun

Hey gang,

Whilst cataloguing our inventory we finally got around to this enigmatic piece. Couldn't  find it in the Drome, but admittedly can occasionally miss a listing.

Checked Worthpoint and the other usual suspects but could not find any record of this thing.

Anyone recognize this? MFG? Date? 

Aside from it's swirly paint scheme and rather industrially exotic features it's only physical mechanics are a spring trigger.

No place to load water or insert caps.

Curious....

DSCF3043 left profile w bokeh.jpg

DSCF3059right front w bokeh.jpg

There's something familiar about this gun and it may have been mentioned on the site before, but it's difficult to track down.  No maker, no name, nothing to pin it down. 

I like your pictures, MrRayGun .

I have this gun and don't remember when I purchased it. It's only 4.5"  Mine is more toward a warm gray. It that a photo change in yours? By spring trigger do you mean it squeaks but doesn't click?

12 hours ago, Brian.. said:

There's something familiar about this gun and it may have been mentioned on the site before, but it's difficult to track down.  No maker, no name, nothing to pin it down. 

I like your pictures, MrRayGun .

Thanks. Glad you like the pictures.  We’re having fun with that. And you’re right. It is a somewhat enigmatic piece....

5 hours ago, Phil R said:

I have this gun and don't remember when I purchased it. It's only 4.5"  Mine is more toward a warm gray. It that a photo change in yours? By spring trigger do you mean it squeaks but doesn't click?

Thanks Phil. 
the photos reflect its true appearance despite the graphic background flourishes. And yes, if you pull back the trigger it just bounces back. 
no CLICK. 

Also, would love to see a photo of you color variant if you’re up for it. 

Mine looks a lot like Tinman's in the vertical rectangle under the round area with the scope. I don't have all the color differences with the darks and orange red. I guess the gun was made with leftover colors.

I have seen this gun plenty of times. I assumed it was a clicker. Phil and Tinman - do yours click? I'm suprised that it's not in the database but as Brian says, not a lot to report.

Mr Raygun - nice pictures, do you have a website?

All...yes, this is a clicker, and came in a wide range of colors; I have a blue one, but I have seen them in yellow, red and gray.

8BB3BDD7-4885-41B7-8948-FC5FDE590403.jpeg.ec6a679707ec415c5fc13d948781feb3.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I've never seen clear plastic versions of this guns but two recently came available for a reasonable BIN price, although this version is a bit crude./  Both look to be from the same seller:

2033574558_25(Apr2020)a.jpg.0a725e96251465e94a367d9802bf652f.jpgClick.jpg.c60a1fc37140b562ea06c0bfdabef79a.jpg

I have seen both the green and the blue on eBay the BIN were very reasonable as Tinman said,but, it seems to me the plastic must be brittle because both had the rear section of the scope broken off. Would this be a common occurance with this space gun?

I think these are something different. During the green gun auction I asked the seller about the broken scope and he provided a better picture that showed the scope was intact, just more crudely molded and not as prominent.

1252603941_25(Apr2020)b.jpg.2c6538b55cb770c9ebc35260773272d9.jpg

Tinman, I asked the seller for more photos as well, it looked to me like the end was broken off, but, looking at all the photos in this thread made me think twice. As you said they may be something different. Even the triggers seem to differ a little from the violet one.