Unknown Keychain Spacemen, Chromed Hard Plastic

space.trucks

ToySoldierHQ has these as "Unknown" towards the bottom here http://www.angelfire.com/biz/toysoldierhq/OtherUSA2.html

I'd seen the form around previously. Hard plastic, the ring headed stands 2 1/4" in total, mine are chromed and you can see where one has lost some gilding on his feet that it's cast in an amber colored translucent material. I've been seeing Lido poses turn up in keychain (or pendant?) form as well and their gestures both have a sort of Lido thing going on with them. Will admit liking the one whose keyring is the O2 hose a lot more than the other.

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

13 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Another related link:

Man!! Gordo Cooper Memorabilia = Winning. I'll bet that was some novelty company's hot molding of the day farmed out for any number of purposes. Like maybe whoever was making Cracker Jacks type prize figures. The one holding the rifle reminds me of the Cracker Jacks spaceman third from right below & others have that in-stride, knee bent running about advancing behavior pose. (Pix nicked from ToySoldierHQ.)

zcjspacemen6.jpg.6a7402836d3ff65428071ff793b484d7.jpg

On 2/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, SERIOUSBOB said:

Guessing, I think these are either maybe Ajax or Archer? Also came in red, blue, yellow & green

I had thought maybe Lido due to their <50mm size + hard plastic material but their approach to the ring is less interesting. Just sort of stuck there, where the four charms figures rings are part of the design. I've also not seen any Lido figures which were chromed. 1963 would make it early enough to be Lido. Here are some of their keyring figures below (not mine) but I think the Cracker Jacks guys are more keeping in spirit.

lido-keyrings1.jpg.d13edc5c880b781e906005deda623b95.jpg

these last ones were on ebay some hours ago, what puzzles me is that they are sold in so many colors always by the same seller,  I tried once to buy but after a month it came up they were sent in Thailand instead of my address and I've been refunded. This happened 2 years ago and yet the same seller comes up with these figures always bright new any month. It's a bit the same as that seller of the Forbidden Planet figures,

Yep! I'd bailed on that set when the price skirted $30 w/postage. I believe they closed at $47 + shipping, still reasonable: the figures smoking the bong are very scarce but have bigger fish to fry right now.

IMG_5558.JPG.f7467d80235808648054817de164f4ba.JPG

Not to say they are related but here they are side by side with Cracker Jacks spacemen, which are much more flat then our boys.