• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• space.trucks

• Andyman

• 6Stelab9

• Phil R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The Volunteer" with Tomy Chocovaders, a Marx "Galaxy Command" orange dude, Golden Astronaut "Terrain Tiger" and LP Toys rocket gantry.

NYWD9990.jpg

18 hours ago, space.trucks said:

@Andyman : Superb!!! and we're doing "Robots, Drones & Cellular Phones" in August, I'll post the call info here in time to send something in.

Would love to do it, thanks!

Unintentional coolness documenting Tim Mee GLT spaceman size variations after landing a mini Lunchbox Guy. Too bad they never did the Geiger Counter dude @ five inches.

IMG_4928.jpg.6afd99b323de9bd949929b33b057ca8a.jpg

"The Survivor" using a Palmer spaceman which had been painted by a prior owner, a couple of Bruder Astros, gumball machine globes, some rocks and a small painting from 2018 as a backdrop. Second take is after filtering via Instagram, and the final take is that image re-filtered again and adapted into the poster for our summer show.

IMG_7011.jpg.f519c504c3ff40ddb9f1b3ee7f7c5815.jpg

RYBWE9954b.jpg.a2a5b2a1af7da974c971a91849b03e45.jpg

poster-3b2.jpg.8f5150b1b8cac42d39cfb161abb05abc.jpg

Pre toy era, 2014, 9x12 on canvas. Story behind it is that when growing up we had a couple of my uncle's vintage pulp space mags and one of them had artwork depicting a spaceman on a pyramid in the midst of a jungle with his wrecked spaceship off to the side implying he was marooned on a jungle planet. The magazine disappeared at some point and fruitless searching for a couple three years failed to yield a reproduction of the image. So c.2011 I started making my own versions of them which I would adapt into faux pulp cover art. This one was called "We're 20,000 Light Years From Earth and You Locked The Keys in the Spacecraft??"

IMG_4538.JPG

Looking forward to making a pyramid and trying it with the toy angle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the Moon face. Especially the speckled one  I never would have thought of it.  Have you ever finished Parlay on Hesparus from the photo?