Hong Kong "Thunderball" Mini-Sub Remnant, with Swoppet Diver Tanks

space.trucks

Interesting if incomplete with heavily damaged cockpit & empty peg holes. Parts may be broken off the leading edge as well, can't tell. Soft flexible plastic. Reminds me of a Flying Flapjack cross-bred with the Avrocar and an HL-10 Lifting Body. The purple fixtures are puzzling: what would they be for?? other than to look cool.

01IMG_3917.JPG

02IMG_3918.JPG

03IMG_3921.JPG

04IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3912.JPG

IMG_3913.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

Right bottom wheel was just loose, not damaged. Looks like somebody's cat got at it and the front wheel mismatched.

IMG_3916.JPG

???

IMG_3919.JPG

xIMG_3910.JPG

yIMG_3911.JPG

Reference to Thunderbeall looks correct, a similar submarine was used in an unofficial HK blister set from the movie, probably same mold was used for other toys too

s-l400.jpg

19 hours ago, Alain Lapointe said:

Reference to Thunderbeall looks correct, a similar submarine was used in an unofficial HK blister set from the movie, probably same mold was used for other toys too

s-l400.jpg

Awesome, Guys! Great work. The picture even explains the asymetrical placement of the peg holes. I got a Disco Volante.

6 minutes ago, space.trucks said:

Awesome, Guys! Great work. The picture even explains the asymetrical placement of the peg holes. I got a Disco Volante.

thanks, most of TB pieces may reach a great value nowadays

On 1/10/2020 at 8:21 AM, Andyman said:

Apparently the purple things are air tanks.

Sure, I can see how they would have pegged onto diver figures swoppet-style but ended up on the sub by mistake. Though interestingly the sub came with two soft flexi Lido / Captain Video type figures instead of divers also silver colored. Likely estate plunder mismatched by time. Someday our collections will be too.