3d printed Space Vac Rosie , with Twerking Action.

robothut

Just curious...would it be possible to build a bump-and-go mystery action motor in the vac, and just have Rosie roll along behind without the push-pull action?

Bump and go "vintage" mechanical designs require 2 rear wheels set far apart to stabilize the action. So no. But there are new electronic sensor bump and go type designs that could control the Vac wheels and then if Rosie's single wheels was a castor design so it could swivel that would work. What would work better is a small bump and go drive under Rosie and some sort of cart behind "being pulled" by the robot, you then get the proper set up for a vintage bump and go system.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, robothut said:

OK now I just need to find the proper packing material to use inside the display boxes.

DSC05718.jpg

This looks wonderful John!! Tremendous job!

Prototype #1 with the supper hip action and non turnable design is $100.00. The rest are $150.00 .Prototype #2 has been upgraded with the steering action, copper tank and is the slower motion design. If I make more I need to know soon as my brain has already moved on too new projects and it is so hard to go back and do these things once the Brain has moved on. If you know what I mean. Email robothut@yahoo.com if interested.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:13 PM, Andyman said:

Very cool, Mr. Rigg! Although #2 looks like my dad with his walker. 😉

your Dad wears an apron? 🤨

I must admit, I was so impressed with John's 'Rosie bot', that I included her in the Botstock16 drawing.

Finally got around to testing the 3 wheeled version and the Space Vac Rosie. Both function wonderfully. Thank you so much John. 

Here is a video of versions 1,2 and 3 in action.