3d printed Space Vac Rosie , with Twerking Action.

robothut

I took RoboDerbs "push Pull" idea to the ceramic Rosie Vac idea and made this functioning Rosie Space Vac version. It took 3 prototypes to get it where I wanted to be. Robot #3 is steerable, moves with fast Twerking action and lit eyes. Robot #2 uses the slower gearmotor and has a fixed forward direction of motion. Robot #1 has a "wide" stride of action and uses the slower motor. I started with the slow motor as I was afraid the faster motor might make it look like Rosie was have some sort of mechanical Sex act with the Space Vac, but as Robot #3 shows it just looks like she is working hard to clean things up.

The robot and the Space Vac all have ratchet wheels. I designed a "pin" vertical ratchet system that takes up very little space and works so smoothly.

DSC05652.jpg

DSC05653.jpg

DSC05659.jpg

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05662.jpg

DSC05663.jpg

DSC05664.jpg

On robots #1 and #2 I used the slower RPM gearmotor as I was afraid it might look like a robotic Sex act with a fast motor controlling the body thrusting "tweaking" action. But by robot #3 I decided to use the faster gearmotor and see what it looked like. I think it is OK. Just looks like Rosie has a job too do and she is getting it done. Cranks on the gear motor drive linkage parts that connect to the arms. The arms connect to the Space Vac . Since the 2 AA batteries are in the space Vac I decided to add a USA style AC outlet to Rosies chest so it looks like the Space Vac is plugged into her for power. This idea was used in some of the cartoons as well. This gave me a way to connect the battery power to the robot. A switch on the back of the robot turns the toy ON and OFF. 

DSC05642.jpg

DSC05643.jpg

DSC05644.jpg

DSC05645.jpg

DSC05646.jpg

DSC05647.jpg

DSC05648.jpg

John! These came out awesome. Watching the video, I didn’t realize that the plug on the vacuum was how you were running the power. So not only a great aesthetic detail, but a clever solution as well. Really great to watch this project progress John!

Yes I would like to do a small build of them after the holidays. Build has 60 parts in total, so more work than you might think. I will have to order some parts before I can build more.