3d printed Hopping Rosie the Robot.

robothut

29 minutes ago, robothut said:

I thought about doing that as well. based on these pictures of a ceramic Rosie.

rosiepepper.jpg

rosiepepper2.jpg

That’s perfect John. I had in my mind a more typical vacuum cleaner. But I wasn’t sure if that would be an effective solution as the base would need to be wider. Also, I wasn’t sure how the design of a single handle vacuum cleaner could be pleasingly modified to be held in two hands, thus allowing the vacuum to be centered in front. The futuristic vacuum design from the ceramic certainly solves all of the issues I was considering. If you want to print it in this lighter shade of blue, feel free to add the cost of the filament to the cost of the robot, so that I know what amount to put on the check. 🤷‍♂️😜🤣 Though my guess is you would have already completed this and Two or three other projects before the filament even arrived.

Looking at the ceramic again, is there a design that might allow for a sort of inch worm type of movement? Basically a sort of hinge action between Rosie’s hands and the handles of the vacuum cleaner where the distance on the ground between the vacuum and Rosie’s base, elongates and contracts in such a way that forward travel is created.

To describe it in another way for further clarification. Think of your right foot as the vacuum and your left as Rosie. In this action you would step forward with your right foot (vacuum) and then draw your left foot (Rosie) forward to meet it, then repeat continually. 

Doesn’t have to be Rosie necessarily. The ceramic just made me think of this type of action and I thought that it might be interesting for thought for a future design.

Could you use the metal wire stand like in the Easel Robot? And, make the bottom pod and leg/support stem a bit more robust, that might be enough to hold it upright.

A3681D23-12B5-402B-953E-AD3A16BBE0CF.jpeg.6c7cd7f2cf9ce260e9f997f85a16e084.jpeg

47E01829-E2D7-45CA-8D1B-B33EA2F249F2.jpeg.df56a7db5b823045c5abe384dd69dce1.jpeg

I don’t suppose there are no off the shelf tiny gyro units to be had, other than cannibalizing other robots?

Honestly, why not just make it a skirted robot with mystery action? Make the hips a bit larger, then bring her black skirt down, and place the wheels at the base.

See why you guys need to get into 3d printing, so you can make all your great ideas. I have already got some lighter 
powder puff blue filament on the way for a new design that has a single pedestal leg with the 3 wheels on the bottom. You will see. Kind of hard to get things done this close to Christmas, so much going on.

1 hour ago, robothut said:

See why you guys need to get into 3d printing, so you can make all your great ideas. I have already got some lighter 
powder puff blue filament on the way for a new design that has a single pedestal leg with the 3 wheels on the bottom. You will see. Kind of hard to get things done this close to Christmas, so much going on.

Im working on it John. New Years Resolution #1, get 3D printer and make a 3D robot. But, there is a good chance I’ll have my first finished mod completed by the end of this year. Can’t wait to share with you all.

Promises made and back to the original topic of your fabulous hopping Rosie, the prototype arrived today John!!! It is simply beautiful and a privilege knowing that my Rosie has got more back than RoboDude’s Rosie or anyone else’s. BadonkaDANG Rosie!!! Teasing of course Rich! 

But this Rosie design came out beautifully. Thank you so much John. Is the white filament a different type than the rest of the robot or is it just the thinner printing that makes it seem more pliable? I love the cuffs and the bow detail on the back of the apron. Very well done. Are the ears sourced from existing stock? They do not appear 3D printed being as translucent as they are.

I’ll put up a video In the next day or two when I have a chance to give her a run. And now to try my hand at repositioning som gears on their shafts for my mod project.

Thanks again John!

3BDC5B31-C210-4CE7-A535-E2CDFDEC57CF.jpeg.1844cfde02989b8ec3d8feefc33a0e89.jpeg

6DF347B3-345C-494C-A609-4C1BA205C70E.jpeg.d7bfd06bdd1c4dcd969f978d7d508f73.jpeg

CCB3DC13-F9A6-49EC-8B56-482B0152FD5F.jpeg

8C99D2A4-7F71-4EFB-BDB4-C5496E1B4548.jpeg.8e38ce0a059b05dc33d7e30ca551e274.jpeg

5 hours ago, RoboDerby said:

It is simply beautiful and a privilege knowing that my Rosie has got more back than RoboDude’s Rosie or anyone else’s. BadonkaDANG Rosie!!! Teasing of course Rich! 

She certainly does!  What a hottie😍--Mine is supposed to arrive today, its really an awesome robot!  Thanks John

The prototype was printed in yellow PLA and then painted, the rest are printed in colored PLA. The white is PLA just printed 1mm thick so that a heat gun can be used to thermal form it in to shape on the robot. The ears on the prototype 1 were from a space walk man type china roto matic robot. The other rosies have 3d printed translucent red tips on screws.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, robothut said:

Too many chefs in the kitchen, John? 😉

Ok here is the lighter blue version of the aggressive hopping Rosie. Coming soon , I will start a new thread is the single leg, 3 wheeled version. So stay tuned for that.

DSC05619.jpg

DSC05620.jpg

DSC05621.jpg

DSC05622.jpg