3d printed ASTRO "ASTO" Robot. Scale repro

robothut

Astro Robot prototype has arrived. I haven’t had the chance yet to give it a run. But it certainly looks great on the shelf with some of its pals. Thanks so much John. I am thrilled to add this to my already treasured Robot Hut collection.65F5EBB5-3982-43CC-9ED8-2583EAB9D3E0.jpeg.47212f90b012961a9e00ffcbf402aed2.jpeg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• RoboDerby

• ROBODUDE

• Martian Gil

I need a new cabinet for the Hut. totally out of room, the 3d printed robots are piled up 3 deep on any surface I can find, other toys are just stacked in the Robby Jeep. I think I will have to add a cabinet in the walk way between the full size T2 and the Egg Head robot pinball machine. You will have to walk to the back of the Hut and then down the last row to get too the pinball machines but it will provide a place for a double sided cabinet. But its too cold for this old fart to be building custom cabinets so it will have to wait until it warms up or until I find a suitable cabinet ready made.

2 hours ago, robothut said:

I need a new cabinet for the Hut. totally out of room, the 3d printed robots as piled up 3 deep on any surface .

I'm surprised. I thought RoboBerby was buying them all 😄.

OK here are the last two Astro robots in the build so if you want one of them be sure to email me. One is the stock 197-'s colors and the other is my take on a Red Black MR. Robot look.

I am moving on to new projects now.

DSC05484.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

Just arrived in Germany-

Johns Astro Robot- silver body color - made by special order.

Just wonderful!

Another picture shows both versions for comparison- Original Asto robot and Johns Astro robot.

For me it had to be of different color to be special next to the original.

B864DEFB-1298-46F1-A9E1-7B02299BD75F.jpeg

169E9DC2-1046-4E82-B65F-37460EED73E6.jpeg

BA510F30-915E-4E7F-A254-4AACB178A7FF.jpeg

9039DF0E-3282-4486-B4A6-EFD86601A57D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

two that found their way into the cabinet over Christmas were 3d builds - one of which is John's outstanding red and black version. 

(styling with Brian's Manmos King).

Very cool build!

Many thanks, John!

Cheers all, 

DSC03507.JPG