• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• RoboDerby

• ROBODUDE

• Martian Gil

Here is the prototype box. I plan to make the artwork print larger to more fully fill the box front next time. And the original "ASTO "box and robot

DSC05435.jpg

DSC05413.jpg

Wonderful. Your use of time is simply astounding. I am amazed at how quickly your projects progress John and how often you offer us something new. The boxed Astro Robot is a fine addition to your tapestry of incredible projects.

Looking Forward to this John---AMAZING !!!!!!   P.S.-- The Mystery action Bump N Go robot arrived this afternoon--Very Cool !!!  Thanks very much-Rich

I have added a clicking sound for the Razer Guns. The tricky part is that the gear box runs both forward and backward. Normally clicker in toys are design to operate in one direction only. This way a spring steel lever cab be pulled back and let go too hit a fiber sounding board that is mounted in a frame. So I designed a Frame and sounding board that could be 3d printed with a clock work type spring that could be 3d printed and produce a sound in both directions or gear box operation. Not as loud as clicker that can hit a sounding board but good enough for the Astro Robot I think.

Here is a short video of the prototype and base unit in action.

20 hours ago, RoboDerby said:

Nice John. Good idea putting the gap in the sounding pins. I like the break in the firing sound.

I agree !!  The Razer clicker adds a whole new dimension of COOL !!!!!👍

I think the boxed standard Astro robot will be $120.00 then what ever shipping is to your location. At least that is the plan. Still waiting on the standard color PLA plastic and LEDs's to arrive. printing some of the basic parts like the black base, silver Razer guns and internal parts that can be any color. So I am keeping busy until the filament arrives.

DSC05443.jpg

DSC05442.jpg

I'm setting the $ aside now !--Thanks very much John👍😀 I have wanted one of these since forever, and Honestly, I like yours better than the original

• 2 weeks later...

OK the colored plastics have arrived. Black Silver, Blue, Red, White and Yellow. The hand painted prototype was #1 and so the first color printed version is #2 and I kept it for the Robothut.

Be sure to email me robothut@yahoo.com if interested. I may be only making 5 or so. Here is Astro robot #2.

The battery cover is held on with a magnet so when batteries are not installed and there for nothing for the magnet to stick too the battery cover just sits lose, should be fine for display as its not hopping around.

DSC05461.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05464.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

DSC05467.jpg

Just sent you an email John. Thanks so much for enabling me to finally acquire this outstanding Astro Robot that I have been looking for for about 20 years now--Bob😀