Wow! Gustav

H.I. Gosses

Henk do you prefer the Dali version ? Well I need Christians Paypal info so please email it to me . I have sent you an interesting email with a link regarding dye sublimation , dome decals & die cutting among other things but I suspect your email server is having it's monthly PMS as 3 tries were returned unsuccessful <_<

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o Here comes that e-mail again !!! Oz, my PP address is tobor99@compuserve.com & you can send me whatever things unaccepted by Henk's server at both tobor99@compuserve.com & tobor99@skynet.be; & I'll do my best impersonation of Kevin Costner's The Postman !

My Goodness (and of course WoW - in the existentialist realm that is wow with a big "W") Gustav has made his arrival in New York. I'll admit I had very high expectations for him and my Gustav has totally exceeded them. He is just beautiful. Thank-you Henk. Pictures to follow on the weekend!!!!!!

steve, you beat me to the punch. I also received my Gustav today, and all i can say is....wow!. Ok, that's not all I can say, but I had to make Henk happy!

First of all, let me say that Gustav is more than just the sum of all parts. He has transcended his humble origins to become a true work of art. How can i put it?...ok..Henk is the Vermeer of robot making. He takes the ordinary and adds that special touch, that dimension that takes it to extraordinary! I almost hope that all documentation is lost, so that 50 years from now, this will be percieved as some special, rare 50's Sparky robot that only had about 25 surviving examples. Or even better, that Henk's reputation as both a collector, artisan and producer of limited edition robots makes this a uniquely prized collectable!

The box is superb! Very well made. The graphics are 10 times better than the photos here. The color are deep and rich, like an original watercolor, definately a box that i am happy to display with the robot.

Henk, thanks again! Now don't make anymore of these, ok? Time for something completely different...(Monty Python Music starts now...) ;)

Robert-I might have beaten you to the punch but you have expressed my own feelings about G so much more eloquently than I did. Gustav is a complete success! There is an expression that sums up my thoughts about Gustav - pride in ownership!

Heh, I just realized that my praise of Gustav was my...(drumroll)...1000th post! How appropriate, two hallmarks at the same time! whew! I talk too much! ok.. where's my prize?.. (looking around hopefully..)

Now don't make anymore of these, ok?

Mr. Wh. A gentleman's word.

Thank you all. The praise is very gratifying.

I would love to see some pictures in context.

(I do know what the thing itself looks like (!)).

All the G's in the diaspora.

Hey Dr., a stint at washing up in MacDonalds or other temping,

will get rid you of all your greeneyed monsters..

Numbers #11-25 are being busy being born.

Gustav is a real massterpiece!

Now I was wondering...if Volker's strencos are German (though ensembled in China)... Gustav is Netherlandish...isn't it???

Archived