Gustav!

David Kirk

I wanted to share a picture and some thoughts about my new robot. This photo certainly doesn't do him justice. I'll try again tomorrow. He's a deep shiny warm charcoal color. He has a handmade quality that gives him a spooky charm—as if the cellar coal furnace came to life. The new details are well thought out to fit his personality. His chest has been rounded out to give him a bold, manly look. The new face, though it wears the inscrutable mask of a robot of mystery, also reveals a depth of character rarely seen in mechanical folk. His new ears and headdress are stylish, as is his chromium shirtfront. There are extra rivets on his belt. He has a new backpack and aerial. You can see his arms and hands are new too. I know I'm looking at something that began as Japanese, but in Henk's hands, it's moved considerably towards the Teutonic. I hope this venture proves satisfying and profitable for him, because I'd love to have his next versions too. Congratulations Henk!

post-2-1108596953.jpg

I forgot to mention the box! It's even better than I expected—completely believable as a vintage box. It looked good in the pictures, but when you hold it in your hands it reveals a third, and then a fourth dimension! On the side, Gustav is billed as the iron man with the iron heart—it's robot poetry! Opening this box was very much like opening a new robot when I was seven. It's not just copying a stlye. It's a style of its own.

Hi there David - very nice image conjuring review containing poetic imagery of your own device. Your photo image conveys some of the power of that four dimensional box. Gustav is a quality item indeed........

I agree SiamSam,

'"cellar coal furnace came to life"

that brings it home.

If only it was made with the quality time tested workmanship that is available from comettoys and Papasan toys, I would buy it in a heart beat. Robert Johnson is my favorite toy robot dealer. :rolleyes:

Thank you David for you kind words!

I am blushing like a little schoolgirl..

It is a pity robot-boxes do not have a space to put a "Blurp",

as your post perfectly captures the spirit of tragedy and austerity I tried to

give it .

For further pictures, and the answer to your question NASA,

look at the advertisement section on Alphadrome.

This takes you there.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=7&t=2174

There is also some information in the "restorations & conversions"

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=10&t=2180

And the original post were I had only one and was meaning to keep it that way..

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=2&t=2173

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.ph...&f=2&t=2038&hl=

Henk,

Christian has been blessed with an addition to his Paypal account - he will be delivering the proceeds to your doorstep: a plain brown bag filled with small, unmarked bills as per your request. So, please help little Gustav board the plane soon - my family has been informed and will welcome him with open arms!

Oh yea, please autograph him underneath a foot or something. When he grows up I want to be able to show him who his Poppa is... :P

:P Henk ! I have a shitload of cash for you here, but have not received my Gustavs yet ! I will come monday & let you feel my wrath...Gnyerk Gnyerk Gnyerk....beware....be very ware

B) 250 $ + 28 shipping if on planet Earth ! Made to 25 copies, (signed underfeet if you wish) in 2 separates batches; 1>10 & 11>25. Made of Blood, Sweat, tears & tin, this is the perfect austere companion of your insomniac nights.

This dangerous robot is euroman-made, to avoid a reproinvasion of lookalikes, artisanal & proud to be unique, like his 24 brothers.

Archived