Unknown Rocket (and Random Cap Bomb)

space.trucks

IMG_3157.jpg IMG_3158.jpg

Just over five inches, hard plastic. Obtained from an estate vendor who knew zilch ($5 + postage). Was thinking it was a Hing Fat type "Space Bucket" accouterment but it doesn't seem to match any of the styles of such rockets I've seen from the sets by them I have been able to evaluate. Any insights most welcome.

IMG_3159.jpg

No sort of launching adapter, fairly certain it is meant for static display, possibly as a rocket on a vehicle + trailer set? Or a train?

IMG_3160.jpg

Trying to determine if the nose cone is fused/part of the casting or just stuck with grime. Leaving it alone for the time being.

IMG_3162.jpg

And again on the lower "stage". Dunno anything except it can use a cleaning. (Any suggestions on what to use are welcome: got a LOT of stuff that could benefit from cleaning and cautious about winging it.)

IMG_3163.jpg IMG_3164.jpg

Obtained for a dollar; Softer "army man" type plastic. Some nice decorative markings on it and I love the battle damaged play wear.

IMG_3165.jpg

No text marks visible. Vendor had it listed as "Cap Bomb Rocket Late 60s".

IMG_3167.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bingo. It's likely an accessory for a die cast truck with trailer set.

thats my rocket.jpg

Maker unknown, listed as "Highway Hauler Truck with Rocket Trailer Pre-2000 Vintage". Have messaged the seller. 

IMG_5027.JPG

That's a match on design. The tampo printing is different (including the number, which is interesting) and it looks like a different kind of plastic as well. 

MAJORETTE did that in the 90's with an Ariane IV style rocket. This rocket reminds me of the Zemiorka rocket that the Russians passed to the Chinese (and that everyone use now !)

JCC