Andybot news

Andyman

Hey all. Just thought I would update you on the world of Electro Art Works. I'm kinda in transition now as my job is dwindling so I've decided to pursue my artwork a little more seriously.

The first thing I did was apply to be come a member of Buckham Gallery in Flint, Michigan. Membership is through a jury process and I was accepted unanimously. Within a year I should have my own show.

The second thing I did was join "Art at the Market", a member owned non-profit gallery in Flint's Farmers Market. This is a well located place where artists members sell their wares. This too is a juryed process as they only accept top notch work.

Through Buckham Gallery, I will be learning the ropes in the "art" world. I've already met quite a few other artists of other mediums and it is quite fascinating. My kind of people! With Art at the Market I will get a better sense of the business side of the art world. Already I have learned that art galleries in general take a 50-50 commission on sales. Some even go 40-60 with the 60 percent going to the gallery. I have yet to find out what Buckham will charge but selling there is not my main goal. Art at the Market charges 18% plus quarterly rent.

My second and last day of training at "Art at the Market" is this Saturday, May the 4th be with you. I will then be setting out my display of robot goodness to share with the world. I'll post pics when I do. Meanwhile, here are four Andybots geared up to take center stage there. Enjoy!

Dynamo, 2019, 8".

(electric motor casing & cores, plastic gears, circuit boards, spark plug insulators, scrap wood, etc.)

Dynamo 05 sm.jpg

Crimson, 2019, 8.5".

(vac tube, headphone speaker, plastic gears, circuit board with motor core, spark plug insulators, scrap wood, etc.)

Crimson 04 SM.jpg

Verdant, 2019, 7.5".

(plastic vendor capsule, electric motor cores, metal & plastic gears, paper shredder blades, springs, scrap wood, etc.)

Verdant 04 SM.jpg

Vivid, 2019, 8.5".

(Bell & Howell projector nameplate, circuit board with motor core, spark plug insulators, plastic gears, computer connector flange, etc.)

Vivid 04 sm.jpg

A single LED under the vac tubes will make them glow like the real thing. Good luck on the new venture.

1 hour ago, robothut said:

A single LED under the vac tubes will make them glow like the real thing. Good luck on the new venture.

Thanks, John. I've done the LED trick on bigger pieces.

Good luck with the artwork, Andy. Goodness knows there's not much they can teach you.

Classy robot designs. :thumbs:

Thanks, guys. Flint is probably not the best market for them but you gotta start somewhere. My online sales have basically disappeared.

I thought you had done the LED vac tube trick, but the color change electro soul you did is very  nice. I have seen guys putting a small vac tube " like a 12AX7" on top of LED night lights, looks very steam punkish and easy to do. 

Awesome designs Andy :thumbs:  I live in Tecumseh Michigan, So not to far away from flint!!! I will try to get out to see your work--Good luck on the show and congratulations on being accepted !!!:cheers:- Rich

• 5 months later...

Congrats Andy!  You deserve it, amazing work, every evening when visiting the robot room (Kelly's) TONK catches my eye right away.