Tires/Tyres: Fastening Rubber Tires To Shaft?

bartzenegger

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never done this before but you might try black silicone caulk. It's very adhesive and would fill any voids around the axle where the rubber tire has divots missing. It would definately bond the wheel to the shaft, but use it sparingly and use laquer thinner to clean up any excess. (Silicone caulk is quite shiny when it dries, so you would want to limit it's visibility around the wheel)

Normaly there is a metal part cast inside the tire that the shaft would press on to. Do you have this part? is it under the hub cap? just glueing the old rubber wheel to the metal shaft is not a great solution. but if you have to do it that way you might try some epoxie resins like Magic sculpt, it works like clay in your hands and turns hard as stone over night, so you could work the epoxie inside the wheel area and on the shaft, align everything up and let it sit over night then you could paint flat black any of the epoxie resin that shows. Other quick fixes might be to use a jell type supper glue and the spray fast set "Kick IT" that will set up all supper glues instantly, that way you can put the glue on hole the wheel just where you want it then hit it with a little KICK IT spray and its set, then go back and add more glue and build up a good bonding surface.

And one more hint, bart. Whenever I glue/epoxy anything to a metal surface, I always wipe down that metal surface with rubbing alcohol. It must be as grease free as possible to help the adhesive to hold.

new problem!!!heeelllppp!! henk ! hut!! sh mike!!! anybody!! :D

robot will not fire up! im questioning the wiring . maybe wired wrong?

i get power down to motor and to the red /blue wire w/ multimeter. does wiring look right?

post-2-1108158766.jpg

Does the green wire solder to the motor or the frame? in most cases one of the motor wires is soldered to the frame and that solder joint of the red wire and the blue wire floating out in the air just seems wrong so I would bet that at one time the red and blue wire were soldered to the frame. Look close for places that the red/blue wire can reach for signs of a small solder spot, or just try touching them to the frame with the robot ON and see if things do not spring to life.

thanks hut! green wire is soldered to the motor. red/ blue wire originally had tape over it , so unless it was tampered with that should of been right. although it just looks funky to me. - ill test your theory !

Archived