Sucker Creatures

Mr. Jan

I know these are not robots or maybe not even space toys but: I know I have seen these in my books or somewhere but can not find them. Does any one out there have info on these Sucker Creatures. I think they are from the late 60s or sometime in the 70s. They are very rubbery , the lighter one glows in the dark! The suckers stick very well to the forehead. :D

post-2-1048722207_thumb.jpg

Yea, I remember this thing, from the late 1970s I think. You could throw it at a flat wall or glass, and SOME part of it would always stick, especially if you wet it first. Which may be why it didn't survive in the toy market, too much stained wood paneling and wallpaper. The name escapes me, but I see it on eBay from time-to-time.

Dang, you beat me to the punch, Mike!

Man, that thing went quick, gone by the time I clicked on the link. Hope that was you, Jan. They might be back, but they're only 45% of the original size.

I think that Ebay listing was for the Repro version anyway. I don't see anyone

remolding them smaller though. maybe the 16 inches was from streaching them out?

WOW!! Thanks for all the input. It was not me that picked up the Buy it now. I would have liked to get the red one too. Looks like Mattel had a good thing. Now any ideas on how to get these things off my forehead. :(

post-2-1048726248_thumb.jpg

I don't see anyone remolding them smaller though. maybe the 16 inches was from streaching them out?

Nah, the original was almost a foot and a half tall, it was big, 16 inches according to Yesterdayland. They didn't really stretch that much, and the molded vinyl had a good memory. These new ones are definitely less than half the original size.

Does that mean Mr. Jan's head is 16" from forhead to chin? Those are originals stuck to him I assume?

They appear to be originals, but if they are only 7" tall, that means Jan's head is smaller than a grapefruit. Is that the case, Mr. Jan?

Now any ideas on how to get these things off my forehead. :(

I think that's why these things were taken off the market.

They were permanently sticking to kids' faces, disfiguring them for life. Sorry, Mr. Jan. :P

Archived