Alps TV Spaceman Bulb Replacement - Advice please

Nemo

Hi, Can anyone give advice how to replace the bulb in the TV Spaceman? Getting the head off the robot is relatively easy but then the question is how to get the existing bulb out. It is not easy to grip the glass from the top or the side and of course there is the wire soldered into the base of the bulb which does not help, particularly as the wire does not seem long enough to lift the bulb. So:

1. how to get to and unscrew the bulb?

2. How to lift it?

3. How to solder the wire back (in situ?) and get a new bulb back in without damaging it, or the paper roller just in front of it?

Is there any techniques that people may have used successfully in the past? My thought might be to use offset jewellers pliers to reach the metal body of the bulb below the glass globe in order to grip and turn it? Even so does the wire allow it to be lifted enough to get a soldering iron to the base? Not easy, particularly if you then have to solder the new bulb 'in situ', although I did think of adding a short extra length of wire between the base of the new bulb and the existing wire to make things a little easier before trying to screw the new bulb in. I also thought of giving the wire some twists counter clockwise to enable the bulb to be then screwed in (clockwise) with no resistance from the wiring?

My real concern is that the robot has to be stripped down further which I am not keen to do. Is this needed? Can the bulb be replaced with just the head removed?

If not, I can see that it might be achieved by bending the tabs at the base of the rear body, and in the battery compartment to allow the body to loosen and be removed, BUT it looks to me like I would also have to bend the internal tabs in the shoulders that hold the arm mechanisms to the body(?) and even then how to disengage the arms to remove the body shell altogether? Not a nice prospect. 

Any advice given would be very gratefully received.  Thanks for listening.

Regards

Archived