BCM Space Outlaw Atomic Pistol

MetalRobotHead

After many years i have finally got what I believe are the two early versions of the BCM Space Outlaw Atomic Pistol, first appeared in the 1950s. The two shown have screwed together bodies unlike the later riveted together later one, red front folding sights and a duller finish compared to the very shiny chrome version that appeared later. Note the one at the top has an exposed rear barrel which can be seen moving back and forth when fired, the lower one has an enclosed rear barrel as per the later chrome version, so I am assuming the exposed rear barrel is the first version. 

A very nice and well made Space Pistol.

WP_20190126_001 (3).jpg

It's an absolute beauty of a design. The early one looks more serious than the high chrome of the later. I didn't realise there were two versions of the early one. Thanks!

Awsome! That grip (copied by later plastic guns) looks very satisfying with that extra extension below the trigger finger.

A couple of pages from the BCM catalogue. Interestingly to me the one shown on both pages is the later enclosed/recessed  rear barrel version so not sure when the exposed rear barrel one was first introduced. 

2019-01-28 17.30.44.jpg

2019-01-28 17.29.45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! I've been on the lookout for one of the early versions. I believe they are nickel plated rather than chromed. What great finds! They don't come up very often.:hail:

Not sure if this is a variation or somebody has painted it matt black. Sold yesterday on an auction site in the UK. 

black space outlaw.jpg

Never really having gotten Into the guns myself (although I have a few), even I really appreciate the nice design of this example. I like the moving barrel model better. Nice additions and congratulations on your collection.

So I did choose the wrong picture, how the hell do I cancel erase exterminate destroy send the f.. to hell the damn wrong gun.

Here's the water gun I intended to pick

20190206_211516.jpg

• 4 years later...

What's the secret to this gun?  When I have the cap holder up the trigger works and the barrel moves in and out. When the cap holder is down the gun locks and won't fire.

Perhaps I asked the wrong question. Trigger functions when cap cylinder is open and will not move when cap cylinder is down.. Is it the the design function of this gun where the trigger only works when caps are added to the cylinder.?