New John Rigg creations - Sonic Robot & Radicon Robot

Martian Gil

Cheers all, 

Last but far from least - the final two from John's group of 5 prototypes.

Mucho gracias, Mr. Rigg!

If he goes into production with these, make sure to snag them :cheers:

The pair together;

DSC07658.JPG

John's Sonic with a classic Zoomer for size comparison.

DSC07640.JPG

John's Radicon.

DSC07654.JPG

Here are vids if these excellent robots in action.

I left the Radicon up against the edge of the drawing desk while I cycled through a few clicks to get a little action of the meter.

The colors used by John are just fantastic - I let the robots spin a bit to catch the light.   

In person, it's nearly mesmerizing - I hope the vids captured some of that.

DSC07640.JPG

I LOVE the Radicon especially (they are both Great !)  I am saving my $  hoping he puts them into production--Congrats on your newest Kirk !

Great work John and great additions Martin Gil. I remember back when most of these projects were "mods" based on repro and new market bots. What an impact the 3-D printer has had on this side of the hobby. Revolutionary!

• 4 months later...

Holy cow! You aren’t kidding about the colors. Your video of the Radicon definitely captures the beauty of the light when it spins. Great job. The Sonic is the first 3D print that I purchased from John. Would love it if the Radicon went into production. I’d swoop one up for sure! Pretty please John. 🤩🙏

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 12:22 PM, Tinplate6 said:

The Golden Sonic was great, I have one, but I don't think the Radicon went into production.

I think you're right Brady - the last I knew, he wasn't planning on doing a run any time soon.    

Maybe they'll pop back up as a winter project or something - if he gets the interest and the time?   Keep the fingers crossed.

Here are his pals - cheers, 

DSC09154.JPG