CLEAN AND LUBE !!

ROBODUDE

Does anyone know of an electrical cleaner that has a lubricant in it--I ran into a situation on an old robot where in you would clean the brushes and it would run good for a while and then slow down over time--John Rigg said the brushes probably need to be replaced (I don't even know where to look for replacements:wacko:) and I was thinking the motor is now clean inside, but the cleaner removes all the internal lubricant  So....Does anyone know if they make anything like that--and where I would go about buying some???  Thanks in advance ! Rich

I use Super Lube its a silicone base lubricant which works great for gears and that oiler dropper is fantastic. The oiler I have used for motor bearings on the MH and Osaka along with the motors on the Daleks 1 small drop on the end and top of the motor bearings it will never dry out and if a fast penetrator.  Home Depot online has them.

I found out yrs ago never to use an electrical cleaner that has a lubricant in it like a WD-40 may damage the motor inside. If you cannot take the motor apart then just oil those outer bearings.

Dalek Bronze Interactive 18 (45).JPG

Thanks Roboto! I will look for some of this--I am kind of nervous about taking the motor apart for new brushes--I will see how this does--Thanks again ! Rich

CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner and Lubricant is sold at Home Depot is a cleaner/ lube, it comes in a small aresol can with a red straw nozzel attached. There is also CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner in a large red labeled can with the same nozzel attached. 

Inside the motor are two magnets and the copper brushes attached to the axel, nothing to be nervous about if you choose to replace them. I myself spray CRC Cleaner into the motor librilly  through the small openings, the dirt and other stuff washes out and the cleaner evaporates (please follow the safety precautions on the label) then I sparing spray in CRC Cleaner Lubricant. 

Note: any Lubricant will in time attract dirt, hair, lint and whatever else, consider that before you use lubricant.

Thank you very much for your response Racerxc70 !  I have used the cleaner before, but I worried about no lubrication on the brushes after the cleaning--I did not know the cleaner/lubricant existed! I will definitely pick some up:thumbs: Thanks for your help ! Rich

Archived