Mighty 8 Robot

Brian..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had both shades so I know they exist Similar to the Busy Cart Robot 

you wouldn't notice unless you have them side by side but it's pronounced

& intentional for whatever reason ( hard to see in pics but including an image) 

The grey one awesome but the starburst eyes are a key feature to lose IMO & not too keen on the red mouth , just my opinion 

Brian try polysmooth , you don't need the chamber to vaporize the parts

An alcohol spray works & gives it a gloss plus the final product seems both stronger & more flexible

John can chime in about it . Pricey but in the right circumstances looks a wee bit nicer than standard PLA 

bc.jpg

The polysmooth is also less brittle than PLA. It bends more like styrene plastic once treated , so is more durable. But if you need a ridged part then print in PETG or PLA.

I was thinking of getting in - still a good price and I have things I could sell to make at least most of it back, but for now, better to keep saving - just not the right time. Has anyone got a movie of what it looks like operating? I've actually never seen one work.

I'll try finding it. I just googled it and several movies turn up on youtube, including one of John's . Pretty wonderful! I never connected the reason for the eye design until now. 

Oh yes, there it is. That's the one I found when I googled it, along with one other.  It's just as nice as I'd hoped. Maybe someday!

• 3 weeks later...

Rich, I'm a physical wreck from making the Diamond Planets. I love the design stage but I can't say that I enjoy the mass production phase.

I have a robot I started about six months ago that needs finishing. It's a lovely little B Movie project that will entertain me. After that I'll take a quiet look at the Robot 8 files. I'd like to experiment with new techniques like tinplate litho and resin printing. 

Archived