MY MOTORS SLOWIN' DOWN BLUES

ROBODUDE

:wacko: Howdy Alphadrome !!!  I have a weird one for you--I have a Bandai Spaceman Pete that I bought on ebay and I was happy to find that it still works! One thing about it though--after it runs for a while--say 2 or 3 minutes the motor starts slowing down to about 1/2 and then 1/4 the original speed--if you take it apart and spray electrical contact cleaner in the motor it will run strong again for about 3 minutes and then slow down again!!! Any ideas as to what might be going on ???  Thanks in advance for any replies !!!  Rich

Sounds like the brushes are heating up and bending out a bit. They are probably bent or worn so it only takes a fraction of a mm to lose a proper contact. Replace them with some brushes from a motor of the same design.

Thanks John--I was afraid it was something like that--I have never tried to take apart one of those small motors--Do you know if you can take them apart? I guess I could try to replace the whole motor too?-Thanks for your help !

Archived