Diamond Planet robot has arrived

MetalRobotHead

Thank you Brian, absolutely fabulous. Not just the robot which is working perfectly, but the superb box artwork both without doubt worth the wait, it will take up residence in amongst the other great 3D robots and no doubt will quickly take up centre spot  . What can I say other than you are a true master robot builder and genius. Just a quick photo with my M/P to show it off. :thumbs:

PS - Brian, please let me know how much I owe you.

Brian Hayes 3D Diamont Planet robot.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I must be in Brian’s bad books, I have no box at all!

I'm sure one will be arriving at your museum soon, and it's certainly worth the wait, I've never seen a Diamond Planet robot and box before only in books and the net, but can say Brian's is a very impressive piece of architecture with immense presence just by itself. Thanks also MG for your input :thumbs:  

I used a thin layer height. It adds ages to the print time but is worth the effort. The paint also had a smoothing effect. I also took care to print at the best angle. The angle has a big effect on the finished surface. 

Archived