Display Cases

Guest Homer J

Hey DuxAstrogirl, where are you?

Alphadrome is on the topic of Robots AND clothes

Rather Astronauts and clothes. :lol:

Laserman, I like both your cabinets and Custom Fashion.

Question, have you made a custom size closet to store the tiny sized fashions ? I'm Being goofy.

Those astronauts must have threads for everyday of the week, after all, green doesn't look great on every planet !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Wow Russell, I like that cardboard stand. I'll have to try it.

Robot Fool, Barbie has left the building, she has gone to my niece Hanna, Alps TV Spaceman hasn't eaten for a week! He's so sad, he just mopes around.

The open shelves do leave your collection open to the gathering of dust, can't deny that. But also, they leave your robots open to the possibility of falling off to the floor. My Mr. Atom fell last week into a pile of pieces. I had to put him back together again with a flat washer on his back center bolt. It was those little feet that did him in, and me knocking him over on the way by in the dark. Three glass sides do rule, and a mirrored back also. Or possibly a space scene or sci-fi scene on the back like an aquarium back picture. But maybe that is too corny!

Thanks for all the kind words, I was going to show some new pictures of my collection, it's been a year since I did, and I've gotten a lot of new pieces. I think that I'll do it like a virtual visit to the house. You're all invited over to virtual cyber visit, I'll make a pot of chili and get a case of Bud lite, that will do for me, you can bring your own bottle! I'll start taking pictures, will start a new thread tomorrow, -Larry 7

I have my remotes sitting on clear plastic business card

holders. You can pick them up at Staples for $0.59. I

was recently at Campy Craig's place and he uses little

clear plastic easels for his remotes. Laserman, my next

project is to build a display case for my 12" action figures.

Now I know how cool they'll look. I have one question

for you guys. How did you manage to take pictures of

your collections through the glass ! No matter what I try,

I get glare or reflections of myself and the junk behind

me. The pictures above were taken with the doors open...

Hey DuxAstrogirl, where are you?

Alphadrome is on the topic of Robots AND clothes

Rather Astronauts and clothes. 

I am here, I am here robot fool....Admiring laserman astronaus and the many cool display cabinets eveybody has.

I only have one from Ikea...no fancy glass...no clean transparent shelves...and space toys are on the floor. Really my place is becoming too small -or the collection too big (?).

Maybe I should consider replacing the bed by a sleeping bag, that way I can add some more cabinets in the bedroom. :D

:) Robotnut: That photo I sent you under "Can I Get A Value?" on the 'board', the robot display is in an old hardware store standard 6 ft. long display cabinet with opening back slide doors which I picked up in 1988 for $100. Have to open the top glass (heavy and dangerous stuff) to get into it. Find a store closing out and they'll practically give them to you. The photo mentioned above was a real fluke, taken with a tiny point-and-shoot snapshot camera, fixed focus and just happened somehow to be on the right angle to avoid the glare. My SLR always seems to reflect the glare any way it is taken.

Robot nut,

You need to take the picture at an angle. A direct shot shoots the flash right back at you.

I just wanna show my "Lost in Space" astronaut. I'm proud of it. The gal that did the sewing did a fantastic job. My molds and castings of the parts turned out great. And I found a 12" figure that looks like Prof. Robinson. I like my astronauts to look like they are living, and my robots to be the mechanical automatons they are. That's why I have no tin mechanical astronauts-weird huh?

Ok, back to the regularly sceduled program...

post-2-1107749521.jpg

Archived