You can build RoBox type 3

robothut

Robox is a 3d printed robot that can walk using my type 3 mechanics. In a nut shell its a elevated wheel so the weight of the body does not effect the mechanics. The robot walks and has swinging arms , a moving dial pointer and moving head. Lit eyes are a option. The parts all print with out supports except for the arm lever and head lever and they are small so print fast.

DSC04289.jpg

DSC04290.jpg

DSC04292.jpg

DSC04293.jpg

DSC04294.jpg

They are available to build. Or if you find a kid with a printer or a Maker space in your town they can make one for you. Its all about the printing the learning mechanical designs and the building.  So if your not into that then locate some one in your area to print and build it for you. Or buy a low cost printer like a Ender 3 "$189 too $200" or the new Tevo Flash "$235 and up". if you do not mind doing some repair work then the flash forge Finder being sold as parts only on ebay for $95 bucks is fantastic deal, my you tube channel has info on that.

Great tutorial John--Another great Robot design !!!!   Thanks for posting!!!  My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday--and I think I will ask for a cheaper 3D printer-- The only problem is my birthday isn't till the middle of September--To quote Tom Petty--The waiting is the hardest part------!!!!!

Archived