Glue: Epoxy Removal

bartzenegger

i need to pull out the eyes to recast on rocket man - there is a clear epoxy ( that is not original )

holding eyes in. -

does anyone know of the best way to remove eye without cracking helmet or eye?

thanks

Bart, perhaps a single thread: Restoring a Rocket Man would pull this together better. I'm feeling your birth pangs with this one.

The easiest way to remove parts from a robot is to pay a fortune, pack it in polystyrene, carry it home and take it out gently. I guarantee something will come off.

First off , Don't KILL me on this till I finish , you can use Goo Gone to easliy remove adhesives, I usually dilute it in a cotton ball soaked in water & test it on an inconspicous area .. It's generally safe for paint. On Plastc Parts there is no warning but I would super glue some similar type plastics & then test them by soaking the parts in a partially diluted mix..If they seperate with no damage then Viola !

First off , Don't KILL me on this till I finish , you can use Goo Gone to easliy remove adhesives, I usually dilute it in a cotton ball soaked in water & test it on an inconspicous area .. It's generally safe for paint. On Plastc Parts there is no warning but I would super glue some similar type plastics & then test them by soaking the parts in a partially diluted mix..If they seperate with no damage then Viola !

awsome! thanks oz !

• Brian.. changed the title to Glue: Epoxy Removal

Archived