3 month update to the FLusun delta printer, silent mode.

robothut

I was up to 12 then down to 6 now back up to 8 printers Andy

Just added a Flash Forge Finder for $119 bucks, its a $500 buck printer but bought it "AS IS For PARTS ONLY" and spend zero bucks and 20 minuets to fix it.

here is a link.

That's a remarkable value Flash Forge, John. But you need to be skilled to take a gamble on a parts only machine.

The darn things are addictive.

Yes there are still a few mechanical variations of printers that I would like to play with Brian. Oh feel free to move or remove these post's , I just thought you and Andy might enjoy them.

I would like to have a Linear rail printer, a Ultimaker type printer "clone" and have you seen the Ender 4 belt system, both the X and the Y steppers have to move at the same time to move just the X or the Y, it is a very different belt drive system for the X and Y setup. Here is a link, scrole down the page to the Core Z Y structure picture. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CREALITY-3D-Ender-4-Auto-Leveling-Laser-Desktop-Large-3D-printer-Metal-frame-3D-Printer-Kit/32816984045.html

You can find you tubes of guys running them. Sort of like a delta where all the steppers have to move to do a single change of axis. Very interesting. I play with them for a bit then sell them off so I can play with more new ones, I keep the ones that work the best like the MK3 or the LIttle Monster and the CR10-S5 as its so large. But I may have to design and build my own Ultimaker type machine that uses linear rails as that would be one cool printer.

The CR-10 produces prints with a quality very close to the MK3, especially if you dial in the settings. I use it for all the secondary components like legs, feet, motor housings and hardware.

The Ender 4 should in theory be a step better and the price looks very good. As usual, I'll wait for the early adopters like you to find the faults.

I'm still tempted by a cheap SLA, but I think the smell might end my marriage. ("I've lived with it so far," says she. :rolling:)

Yes the resin printers do keep calling to me, and one day I will have to try it out. But for now I just went out to the shop and threw together a heated bed unit for the Finder printer. And it works. But I also realized that with a larger build plate a person could make up a new slicer profile to use that space. The Finder print head moves in X and Y more than it uses with the stock small build plate. So larger prints could be had with this printer. here is a you tube on the mode so far.

Archived