Specter

Andyman

"Specter", 12.5", 2018
(Scrap wood, camera lens, door lock hardware, computer parts, goose neck mic stand, windshield wiper, etc.)

When I started Specter, I was using a much bigger lens because I wanted an eye that showed immense depth into an Andybot brain. The idea was to see into a space that seemed bigger then the actual head it was in. Well in trying to figure out a proper mounting rig for the big lens, I came across a dead bolt cowling that fit a smaller lens. It had a great look and it fit the opening perfectly. That sent me in a different direction which is typical of how I work (the big eye lens project is still active). Now that I had a much smaller area of view for the lens and I needed something interesting to be placed behind it. After some trial and error I found an extra skull from my Zombiebot III project. It was perfect! Looking thru Specter eye and finding this ominous ghost staring back at you is really quite unsettling. Enjoy!

Specter 01 sm.jpg Specter 03 sm.jpg

Specter 17 sm.jpg Specter Skull 02 sm.jpg

Archived