Rocky Jones Space Ranger Pinbacks

Tinman

I picked up this super-rare RJSR pinback at auction and am happy to finally add one to my collection.  The more common pins were distributed as product advertisements like the Roberts Milk one shown below; the advertisement pins I'm familiar with were Roberts Milk, Silvercup Bread, Johnston Cookies, and the seemingly more rare Harvest Bread.  The new addition is a straight-up Space Ranger pin with a more recognizable image of Rocky.  Till now I've only been interested in the tin-litho pins but don't believe I've ever seen this version in tin.  The tin-litho pins measure at 1 3/8" and my new pin was advertised at 1 1/4"; I'll have to take a comparison photo when it arrives.

BTW...buyer beware.  The celluloid covered paper advertisement pins appear to have been reproduced.  I'm not an expert on these but as an experiment I recently purchased one that had the pointy pin sticking out the back and it seemed too new and shiny to be vintage.

$37 (Feb 20)1.jpg$37 (Feb 20)2.jpg

MS-038.JPG

Archived