Zathura robot

robothut

Yes, I to would also be interested...In a "static" version. I don't need him moving about. He looks about 1:6 scale, and would fit in nicely with my 1:6 scale spacemen.

Tinplate6 So, the big question is...will this be a line of toys for purchase, or just a one-off?

It is a one off for me. There was a prototype but it does not work as well , so I am working a new design that uses the feet / legs / hips but will have a different lower profile body head. this will improve the operation of the robot. Right now its kind of hard on batteries keeping that large upper body upright as the servos have to work hard 100% of the time and draws a lot of current from the batteries. A smaller or lower profile body will make life easyer for the servos.

I guess a static version could be made. I do not want to go back redesign the parts so the solution might be to 3d print fake servos, that way everything would fit together as is. Will have to think on it.

Archived