What's the name of this gun?

Joe K.

Came across this at a local thrift shop:

radio shack raygun side.jpgradio shack raygun sticker.jpg

There's a sticker on the bottom that identifies it as a Radio Shack piece, but both side stickers are missing.

Found an eBay listing that showed the left side that still had the sticker:

radio shack raygun sticker 8 sound.JPG

Yes, when the trigger is pulled, the gun makes eight different electronic sounds as the four, different color, barrel tubes light up in a rotating pattern.

The eBay offering was missing the right side sticker that, I assume, had the name of the gun.

Anyone know that name?

Mine does not have a sticker on the other side either. I think it was just labeled on one side like this with the 8 sound sticker. The box which I have seen before just calls it laser cannon.

Its possible like some other radio shack toy guns from the past it was a generic toy that was available not via radio shack as well.

No, not really. I spotted this Laser Cannon (now that I know it's name, thank you very much) in a local Goodwill Store, liked the look of it, and for $1.97 just couldn't pass it up.

I find that Radio Shack catalog web site comes in handy when trying to track down the dates for their robot toys.

Archived