Latest Russian gun; The Kosmik

Tinplate6

I just picked up a nice gun from Russia; the Kosmik (at least I think that's what it says). It is a little over 10 inches long, and it's a light pistol (literally a ray gun), and came with the original box, instructions, and a light reactive target that lights and beeps when you score a hit.

IMG_0403.jpg

The box has seen better days, but it is all there.

IMG_0404.jpg

The target came complete with a Russian battery in it, I have since removed it, but I kept the battery.

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0406.jpg

The gun runs on the equivalent of a 9 V battery, and has a bulb inside, and a lens at the end of the barrell.

IMG_0407.jpgIMG_0408.jpg

It is in near mint condition, which is nice. I was impressed by the unbelieveably detailed instruction sheet that came with it, it contains schematics and everything. I really like it.

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Thanks guys. Fin, honestly, I must have about 30 examples of space toys from Russia, they are so different from American Space toys...there is a certain seriousness about them.

Russian toys always seem to have an educational purpose (not only fun). This was about the same in France where the few science-fiction toys always had to have a scientist value.  I would like to have a copy of the book about russian space toys.

Archived