Can a Daiya Bubble Gun be repaired?

Mick_B

Hi - I have had a bubble gun on my watch list for quite some time, but they have always seemed to get away from me.

I try and keep the space gun collection under control, and wanted to add one of these since I dont have anything else similar.

So, I was pleased to win a Daiya one from Belgium (the only bidder), and while that was on its way here I stumbled across and got a deal on an Excelo.

Now I have both!   (when it rains, it pours - or maybe the bottom has fell out of the space gun market?)

The Excelo works really well, but came with a repro-box.  (it displays OK - from a distance)

0126180736.jpg

The Daiya is really nice with box, instructions and bubble bottle (all seem original).

0126180739.jpg

but its trigger is stuck.  any thoughts on how  to try and fix that?

Since its is crimped I dont think theres much I can do. 

I'll bust out all the space guns and share the collection soon.

they're scattered around.

It's not hard to open crimped seams. The hard part is getting them back together without looking terrible. Says the president of the obvious observation club.

Small blocks of a hardwood, oak or walnut and a pair of needlenose visegrip or a bench vise, to use the bench vise method place the area to be crimped between the block of wood then squeeze them with the bench vise, rounded area take more time and d tight areas are better done with the needlenose vise grips.

Archived