Is it spacey enough?

Joe K.

21 hours ago, Joe K. said:

How about blue and red?

marx toy gun.jpg

It's got that long, ringed barrel, like that of the Forbidden Planet laser rifle.

Forbidden-Planet-Laser-Rifle.jpg

Oh, it's even worse than that, Brian. Here's the complete 1940 ad:

1940 gun 2.jpg

It's the Marx Anti-aircraft gun.

marx anti aircraft gun cu.JPG

Also released as the "G"man Gun:

marx g man gun.jpg

I haven't been able to find a box photo, but doubt there are any rockets and flying saucers in the artwork.

From a distance, it looks pretty promising as a space rifle though.

• 3 years later...

Not for me, but I guess it's what floats your boat.

Here's a recent auction of a group of English space guns. Two of them have no space association that I can find. The CADET gun by TSL was probably thought to relate to the Space Cadet of the early 1950s, but I've seen the box for this and it clearly shows a group of boy scouts sitting around a camp fire. It's not a space connection, it's a cadet in the sense of a military junior.  The LIMIT gun is even more of a mystery. I don't see space lines or other obvious connection. These appear in Justin's space gun web site but I don't know why. I'm sure there's some connection that I'm missing.

eng.JPG

If a space toy collector needs a fix and buys a (non space related) piece and adds it to their collection, the piece might pick up a space-association that way. But I agree, the pistol pop, cadet and limit guns are just guns. 

On 2/9/2019 at 6:25 PM, Pyrotomic1 said:

It's got that long, ringed barrel, like that of the Forbidden Planet laser rifle.

Forbidden-Planet-Laser-Rifle.jpg

I like that one....I agree, looks like Forbidden Planet 'heavy rifle' , could even be Star Trek, Capt.Pike era rifle,.😎👌

Waaay coOL.

• 11 months later...

This Buddy L weapon from 1948 is sometimes described as a "space ray" gun. The print-ad would suggest otherwise. 

What do you think?

1324443242_buddylwaterpistolebay.JPG.a34947eaec29c5c59af9cd53574fdc98.JPG591959546_buddylwaterpistolprintad.jpg.b92a7ad515b6b0e2c99101c4eaf8a2e1.jpg

• 3 months later...