Roboter 700 Revisited

Brian..

"Its good to see that Dirk and Gernot also seem to like 3D printed Robots... "

I guess the wish was the father of this thought. :biggrin:

Merry Christmas Marco!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see the interest, chaps. I know this robot has been the subject of a detailed build before, but some of you may find my suck-it-an-see approach interesting.  

After a day of hair-tearing I finally found a place for the batteries in his butt. :biggrin:  The lower position will help with stability. I hope to test the walk quality on Thursday after 48 hours of printing.

700.jpg

Walking fine, John. I ran the first test with small feet and the balance was rock solid. It won't win any prizes for speed, but it will have the distance record. :biggrin:

I see that the original German designers must have encountered balance problems because they have given Roboter relatively big feet. They also gave the feet a wedge shape that may have addressed the issue.  I still have a huge 10mm to play with, so I'm happy with progress.

I'm just putting the final touches to the first build and should have some images/video tomorrow.  I need to thin down the structure because, as the bard said, it's built like a brick sh**house. It eats plastic so I'll need to spend some time making it it literally half the weight.

Here's the prototype. It needs some refinement. The feet are far too short but they let me test him. I'll also disguise the battery cover much better and improve the head seam. The lines on either side of the face are tricks of the light. (click images to enlarge them)

Yes, I'm very pleased with the result.

Roboter A.jpgRoboter B.jpg

Archived