Zero of Space repair advice

ROBODUDE

Hello ! I was hoping to consult the collective wisdom of Alphadrome for some advice on a repair that I am attempting. I recently purchased a Zero of space on ebay (nonfunctional) and when I put batteries in the battery box and flip the switch--Nothing happens! But when I use an external Battery box to jump the motor, It lights up and walks etc...I leave the batteries in the battery box and then externally jump it--it works fine--The switch can be in either the on or off position and its fine. If you remove the batteries from the battery box it goes back to not working. I am thinking the switch must be bad on the robot, but its weird that it works in either the on or off position if powered externally.Does anyone(John or Kirk......anyone .) have any ideas for me to try???  Any advice you could give me is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance !  Rich

Kudos Rich, Zero is pretty cool!

I'll look through my pics when mine was apart to see if I have anything isolated on the switch.

Here is the switch assembly - there is a small contact point on the topside, right side of Zero from the back.   

If that is worn, or if the switch is bent a little so that it does not connect, it wouldn't power up.

When you externally jump it, are you going right to the motor?  Or the battery contacts? 

I would use caution in jumping with a pack while leaving batt in him - if it's a loose or flaky connection, something might go right & then he'd have 6 volts & might blow his bulb.

Also, Zero operates and walks fairly well with batts reversed - mine seems to work best with right battery positive down & left positive up.

20171020_080627.jpg

20171020_080619.jpg

An update!  Thanks to Kirk(Martian Gil) and some exploration, I was able to find that the switch wasn't making contact(Kirk pointed out that the lever was bent down on mine ) >So this morning I put a little drop of electrically conductive epoxy for the slide to make contact with. It has to cure for 24 hrs. so by this time tomorrow I should have a fully functioning robot!  Yaaahoo !!!

Archived