Plastic face and chest covers restored

Ultrarobotman

I had my 'kawa fighting space man out tonight and was thinking how great he looked-except for the face shield which had an annoying scuffing on it since I bought it last year. It bothered me every time we got it out. It was a moderate scuff, as if from a box without inserts could cause but worse. I mean, you couldnt see the face lithoes clearly depending on the angle. Then it popped into my head, it is plastic like my older car headlight lenses. I tried "Blue Magic" brand (Walmart) headlight lens restorer. It worked great! The product is mainly to eliminate hazing(yellowing) from sun damage on auto headlights but also eliminates fine scratches in the plastic. Well, I had to do 3 applications but it looks dramatically better. I cold not resist trying it on the chestplate cover, and even though there were only minute scratches you had to search for, it looks like new. Now for the only but huge disappointment-and I am sorry but I have no before and after photos. I have out dated and slow devices and have not posted any photos lately, l'll need to update my personal Collection once I update my equipment, but take my word for it, if you have light to moderate scuffs or scratches on your clear plastic face and chest covers,  you can confidantly use at least this product.

I have the opposite problem.  I ordered up the new chest cover for my Horikawa fighter and face helmet for my TV Spaceman and want to come up with some way of gently distressing them (apart from throwing them on the roof like Marco - see other thread) so they look more appropriate on my less than minty robots. 

0925170733a 2.jpg

of all the problems to have...

Archived