Mick_B's Collection

Mick_B

Hello all,

I'll start sharing my collection with the group.

It may be the largest robot collection in Nebraska.

Here's a few of the shelves in my office.

DSC06031.JPG

DSC06032.JPG

DSC06033.JPG

DSC06035.JPG

DSC06030.JPG

The above is one of my favorites, with all the great plastic colors.

DSC06029.JPG

DSC06028.JPG

DSC06027.JPG

Great stuff Mick!  

Thanks for sharing - many great bots to look at, that shelf with the Cragstan's and Mortoys Robbie catches my eye too.

Your see through in the second photo is dynamite as well.   Is that a Shepard or Yonezawa?  I love that look.

Cheers!

Welcome Mick

Nice collection. Piston head  robot, mars king and many more. Is that a papa san smoker, top right?  (Yellow and red)

Lmk if you ever want to sell it or trade it for something. 

Cheers Ranger

Wonderful collection!!!  I love it all, nice plastics in there too, our daughter (*Altaira) and I have many of the same.  

Welcome to Alphadrome!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

in quick reply,

To Martian Gil: that's the Shepard see through.  Got him recently from a seller goes by arts4eve;  maybe posts here? 

To Ranger: yep, PapaSan Smoker.  had him for quite some time.  just picked up a couple more PapaSans to keep him company.  I managed to win one of the jovigirltx listings on eBay and then scored a Sinister Creep in the zzrobot listings.  Sell or trade oneday?  maybe.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.33.05 AM.jpg  Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.32.54 AM.jpg

more shelves to post...

And to Andyman: Yes, the Zeroids are a love, I had missed out on them as a child, apparently my parents didn't think they were age appropriate for a preschooler.  Not pictured is Zerak. I have three of him that I'm working to combine into one complete example.  Then to search for the Alien...   Zemo too?....

Well it must be a Friday, and time to add a few more of the shelves from my office.

Since last week one of my robots left his shelf and immigrated to Canada.

Take a close look at last weeks pictures and see if you can spot him.

DSC06045.JPG

Mix of new and old.  Marx Robot has his Son back there and all his tools.

DSC06043.JPG

DSC06041.JPG

and speaking of immigrants, here's the Russian contingent, boxes in the mail with Cyrillic lettering are always a treat.

As Great GrandMother would say "ees from old country, so ees better"

DSC06044.JPG

Recently saw there's a thread discussing my Rusher Robot and his red eyes.

And it turns out I am not immune to the occasional space toy.  I try my best to stick to robots,

but sometimes they're part of a lot including other stuff.

DSC06042.JPG

I think I'm starting to have a thing for space capsules and flying saucers.

He he, he's crossing the border at this time.  Hope his passport photo gets him in without any trouble.  :thumbs:

Very nice collection Mick_B, lots of nice stuff to see.  I've had a similar issue with 'space toys' being included with the robots, rockets are a collection unto themselves, they all look great together.  

On 11/09/2017 at 3:48 PM, Mick_B said:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

in quick reply,

To Martian Gil: that's the Shepard see through.  Got him recently from a seller goes by arts4eve;  maybe posts here? 

To Ranger: yep, PapaSan Smoker.  had him for quite some time.  just picked up a couple more PapaSans to keep him company.  I managed to win one of the jovigirltx listings on eBay and then scored a Sinister Creep in the zzrobot listings.  Sell or trade oneday?  maybe.

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.33.05 AM.jpg  Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.32.54 AM.jpg

more shelves to post...

Hi Mick

The various coloured smoker was for sale some time ago and did not sell. The seller at that time would not post overseas. Lmk what you may be interested in sometime by looking through my collection. I recently bought a few too. Cheers. 

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3171.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Took a picture of the robots I have at home.  I've managed to get permission to have 2  (only 2?) Robot shelves in the Living Room.  So filling them slowly with my more select robots.

Proof I do own some tin.

0925170733a.jpg

old tin

0925170734a.jpg

new tin.

In the basement TV room I claimed a space after the boy left for college and took his vintage vinyl with him.

0925170736.jpg

here the originals out number the repro's by a slim margin.

Archived