Help needed with Daiya green astronaut

Roboloco

Hello everybody!

A couple of years ago I bought a green daiya in very good condition but, not working. After a few attempts on making this guy work without any luck, I decided to put an end on his misery and again, I sat down to put him together again.

As usual, I'm stuck and for the following reason. 

There's a vertical axle (picture 2) the longest on this robot, the one in charge of making the antena rotate, that in the lower end is showing no gear to interact with the other and make the antena rotate, but instead there is like a short cylindric tin dish (not a dish type gear) which confuses me.

IMG_7869.JPG

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7872.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG

IMG_7874.JPG

IMG_7875.JPG

Hey Roboloco, great pics!  Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure that someone else will chime in - I've never been in that robot myself.

I did run into a (perhaps) similar design in a wind up robot though in a Yoneya mechanical space man.

His antenna just made light contact with another moving part and spun when the spring was in action - no gearing or other linkage was involved. 

I can't recall the exact set up, but I'll search for pics when I get a chance.  

Is that a possibility for this big green fella?  Can you hotwire him and see if it is that simple? 

Good luck!

Roboloco, here's a shot of the Yoneya.

The rotating antenna comes down through the circled area.  

The end just comes in contact with a rubber (?) disc that makea it spin.

Maybe your Daiya has a similar set up?

Anyone else out there by chance?

Good luck  :thumbs:

20170812_221224.jpg

Thank you very much for your response!

apparently it's a friction system...between two elements... this Japanese!! 

I'm now working on it and will post a picture once I finish the job.

Take care!

Outstanding!  

The ingenuity of the designs never fail to amaze me!  Great stuff.

Congrats :thumbs:  it's awesome to get life back in them.

I look forward to the pics.

Have a great night.

Hello Roboloco.

That is a nice Daiya that you have and as you probably know the rarest colour.

It is a while since i have had my old boy apart, but you have a gear missing from the antenna drive axle.

I remember that the axle was poorly supported and sometimes bounces on the pinion.

Have you managed to get the motor running and the spaceman to function?

You can see the gear on the photo.

20160809_125738.jpg

Hi Martian Gil. And everybody!

Thanks for your comments, the help and pictures! They come really handy but, as I said before, Green Daiya's look to have different gear boxes and motor location, they are very different from the other two models (blue and red astronauts) 

I'v set up everything to wire him up, and get the motor running to check how it works. I will continue shearing pictures till the job is done!

Take care everybody!!

Roboloco

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7876.JPG

IMG_7877.JPG

In the 3erd picture is clear how the metal dish at the end of the axle, lies by it's own weight over an horizontal gear...there are no attachments  of any kind, is free and lose...

I'm about to test it now and we'll see what happens. 

:woohoo:

2 hours ago, Roboloco said:

but, as I said before, Green Daiya's look to have different gear boxes and motor location, they are very different from the other two models (blue and red astronauts)

That is interesting, as far as I know this has not been mentioned before 

I can't tell for sure - and I don't have any versions of this cool robot, but it looks like the drive motor for the green is on top of the housing going down?

And the red and blue look like the drive motor is in the lower part of the housing, going sideways?

Or, are there two motors in each?

Archived