Boxes and Inserts

MetalRobotHead

Don't know about other collectors, but I really like it when I can buy a robot or any other toy which has the original box and especially all the inserts. Not that I have many that fit that description, I have several boxed robots without inserts and some with partial inserts. Recently I bought one of those Attacking Martian with the big head and red fly eyes in mint condition, not one of my favourite robots but the box not quite so good 1-Horikawa Attacking Martian Big Head red eye Robot.jpghad all the inserts which made it more desirable IMHO.

I suppose my real prize robot is the Alps/Bandai Moon Explorer with its original box in very nice condition and with the two inserts which are as new.

Moon Explorer i.jpg

Moon Explorer h.jpg

Congrats on the robot's, boxes and inserts MRH.

That moon explorer is too good to be hid behind an insert.

One of my favourites. :thumbs:

In the late '70s, early '80s I read articles in toy periodicals many by F.H. Griffith, his rule was to always buy mint/boxed and I embraced that all along, about 98% of Kelly's and mine are boxed.  Two collectibles in one.  I passed on a few robots early on as they didn't have the box with them, they just didn't seem complete.

Wonderful Moon Explorer box, can't get better than that!!  

1 hour ago, 001 moon man said:

if it's a rare robot with no box I will still buy i

Hi Kev, totally agree, that old saying slightly modified. A robot in the hand is better than a robot and box in the bush. As you say though, most of the boxes were thrown away, and most certainly usually the inserts were the first things to go on the fire in those days. It's surprising mint and boxed ones survived at all.

Thank you to all for your inputs :biggrin:

Archived