Golden Gear Horikawa repair Robodude's new project,?

Martian Gil

Hi all,

Robodude / Rich has a new project he's re-building.   Golden Gear Robot?

He's mastering attaching pics to emails from his phone, but is still having probs getting them loaded on here.  We'll get him there!   :thumbs:

I'll add pics on here for him, and let him fill in the blanks.

Cheers!

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Best of luck on your new project! Hope you don't lose your head over it as your headless wonder did in the last photo of your Gear robot! Laugh Out Loud! 

Thanks Kirk !!!  Yes, I just got this guy in the mail from Canada--I think this is a golden Gear robot--but the paint is more copper colored??? Oxidation??? You can especially see it on the second picture!! Anyways, I got him running and lighting up -now just have to get replacement gears, 1 eye and a dome--It actually has both eyes, but one is kind of warped. Does anyone have any ideas about this guys paint job and what the blue green stuff on the back side of him might be--its almost like the gold paint has rubbed off and the primer underneath is showing through!! Thanks very much and thanks again Kirk for your help !!  Rich(ROBODUDE)

Howdy Kirk--Yep, it has the golden gear robots litho where the gears go--It is different than the litho on the engine robot--The background is black on the golden gear-- Hmmm

Good luck Robodude.

He is going to turn out looking great.

He sort of looks cool with one eye.

MG will be getting jealous :biggrin:

Thanks Maloo !! Does anyone have any ideas on this guys paint job? It is more like the Gold color used on the Gold Attacking Martian robot--not like the usual greenish bright gold that I have seen on other Golden Gear robots!!

I think an eye patch would be cool! Golden Gear Pirate Robot. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Looks like the head is a different shade of gold than the body? Could it be a parts robot?

you might stick the warped eye in the oven and try to soften it enough to take out the warp.

Hi Robert - I think all these parts came with the same robot. The shades of gold are always a bit

different on the different parts of this early Horikawa robot. For example, the battery door is also always very different from the other parts.

Nevertheless the complete robot incl. the litho is hardly faded into whatever... maybe a nice bronze robot will come out of it... :o)

Yes !!  The color is Bronzeish--It is very similar to the paint color used on Mr. Mercury !!!! When you see all the parts together they are all approximately the same. However , as stated earlier-it does have the correct lithography(golden gears) in the front gear box area.  I suppose it could be a frankenbot but it doesn't really look like it up close--The inside is all panted the same color (Bright Blue!!)  like it was stamped out of scrap tin or something---WEIRD !!! Does any one know if there were 2 versions of the golden gear robot--one this bronzeish gold color and the other the Bright greenish gold color???  I actually like the greenish gold color better--but for what I paid for this guy I am not complaining !!!   Thanks-Rich

The golden color may vary from Monday to Tuesday ;o) but unfortunately this robot has simply suffered from age.

That does not qualify him as a new version. Different metal parts behave differently during the painting process

and also age differently. We have already discussed this phenomenon before... (for example parts from Lavender Robot).

The original chest Litho should have colors like bright yellow, red and green ...unfortunately nearly faded away on this sample.

Golden Gear 101k.JPG

Archived