Flash Gordon Signal Ray

dratomic

Loose Hubley Disintegrators tend to average around $300. I've seen a bunch go for a little less, I've often seen them go for a little more. That said, deals are out there -- I got mine for $180. Go figure. It was a bit grimy but cleaned up good as new.

Boxed ones are rare. I've seen a couple sell for betwen $1K and $1400. I love the box, most of the gun collectors I know do, which is why they often pay an amazing premium for it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... like I said, I tested the steel wool on a section that was hidden behind a metal plate. So if it didn't work -- if it proved way too abrasive -- I'd know it before ruining the gun. The key, though, is using a light touch. It's better to go over the gun a few times with light strokes, rather than digging in to try removing all the gunk in one pass. This way, you don't risk ruining the paint and can better maintain an even consistency. It helped that it was EASY to see where the gunk was removed -- the color change was rather dramatic. And once the mint green came through, I'd leave that section alone.

Andy -- I think the boxed one'll go for a good price. The box isn't perfect, but examples are so rare that I don't think the big gun collectors will let it go. Personally? If I had the cash, I'd consider going as high as $1K... maybe $1100. But, sadly, I do not have any free funds right now... and actually, a boxed example of the gun isn't high on my priority list these days. That is, if I had a thousand bucks, I'd put it towards a robot before I worried about a boxed gun.

Archived