Magnor robot / Ranger Robot

robothut

Yes Robodude is Very Happy !!!  Thanks very much John for fixing it--and thanks for the video also--very cool !!!:thumbs:

Howdy 6Stelab9-- Did you win the ebay auction in Australia recently ??  I was watching that Magnor, but the seller wouldn't post to the U.S.---Kirk (Martian Gil) told me about it-Congratulations on your new robot !!!:biggrin:

No, the one I'm waiting for is coming from Brazil along with his friend a mortoys Robbie robot. Hope they arrive safely! And thank you for your congratulations.

That is a really cool robot also--exactly the same-just different colors.  I bought one on ebay about a year ago and got it running, but it was missing an arm- I kind of fabricated  a replacement and it turned out okay--Congratulations on your 2 new robots . Those Robbie robots are awesome and don't turn up very often and welcome to Alphadrome too !!!

John--I think it is incredible that you were able to fix that magnetic switch!!! It is great that you were able to keep it as it was originally made--Now if I can find a battery cover somewhere--hmmmm . I might try my hand at making one !!  Thanks again John !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jonydroid!!  I would say that the Magnor robot is pretty Rare--I have only seen 2 for sale since I started collecting a couple of years ago. It was weird because I had never seen one for sale ,but Martian Gil knew I was looking for one, he told me about it-It was for sale from ebay Australia and the seller wouldn't ship it to the US. Then 1 day later , another was listed in the US for sale with a buy it now price!!! (I bought it NOW !!!)  Neither robot (AUSTRALIA or mine) was in working condition-But John Rigg generously took mine and did some amazing repairs on it ! Mine is missing the battery cover , but Nimrod is in the process of making one for me:biggrin: The Magnor  robot is exactly the same as the Cragstan Ranger robot, just a different color. One of my favorites !!!   Rich

On 11/07/2017 at 11:27 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

I'm very pleased with the Ranger I  received 2 day ago even it is not in perfect condition and  doesn't work. The Ranger and the Magnor were produced  around 1969 and they don't appear so often on E-bay. I like their cool and colorfull design.

They are great robots and come apart pretty easily--My Ranger robot didn't work when I got it (I have a Ranger too !) I took the 4 screws out of the bottom half-sprayed contact cleaner into the motor and then some 3in1 oil into the motor for lubrication and away it went !! If you wanted to try I could give you some detailed advice--The problems with my Magnor robot were beyond my skill level to fix, but John got it going again--They seem to be a durable robot !!!

Thank you for the advice Robodude. Martian Gil  proposed to give me advices too. I appreciate. As I told him, I'm a poor fixer and the result is often worse than it is at the begining. I have first to improve and test myself on common toys. Then, when I feel ready,  I'll certainly ask advices to the alphadrome fixers:cheers:

Archived