Easelback overhaul

Martian Gil

On 6/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, robothut said:

Looks to be walking as good as any I have seen in the video so good job. As for the repro dome, no need to send it off, a proper repro dome will slip over the head and if it has the top slots already made right in to place. There should also be a top metal sloted right part that the head tabs slip threw before being bent over to hold the dome on.

Thanks John - I will likey do that.  I would be hesitant to ship him due to the old wiring.  But, I suppose everyone has that concern.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/28/2017 at 6:42 PM, Dirk said:

Congrats Kirk! -

A great robot and a "Must Have" for his fantastic lithoes in my opinion!

I can't really remember, but I guess it was RANDYs who did offer a perfect repro dome.

Would be worth to have a look at their actual parts listings.... Cheers, Dirk :cheers:

On 6/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, robothut said:

Looks to be walking as good as any I have seen in the video so good job. As for the repro dome, no need to send it off, a proper repro dome will slip over the head and if it has the top slots already made right in to place. There should also be a top metal sloted right part that the head tabs slip threw before being bent over to hold the dome on.

Thanks for the advice gentlemen!

Randy's did come through for the the little litho'd robot, blue...

- they were able to find the old mold (I think was the word used?) and get one made for me.

I'm not exactly sure what method was used, but it looks dynamite!

I would endorse Randy's - great folks to work with.

I did not ship the robot to them - they indicated that they have a robot in the shop that they use to test fit before they glue together.

Then, in theory - it should slip over for a snug fit.   

This dome was a little too tight, but I was able to exacto one end of the seam apart - just enough to get it on and all tabbed up.

I did not re-glue the seam - it would not have been as nice and neat, nor did I want to worry about the ca fumes affecting the litho.

The old boy is ready to roll... or just stand in the cabinet and look cool.

Cheers, 

DSC02924.JPG

Great news Kirk!

So my memory is still working good... (sometimes).

I feel your robot deserve his new dome - Looks smashing fine! :cheers:

The dome nicely finishes off the domed.:thumbs:

With a posh Sonic, ARM and R35 in the background where have all the clunkers gone. :blub:

12 minutes ago, Maloo said:

The dome nicely finishes off the domed.:thumbs:

With a posh Sonic, ARM and R35 in the background where have all the clunkers gone. :blub:

Lol!  Oh, they're still around Maloo...

Take this fella - why, he heard of some character down under, who was making brand new feet for robots.  It nearly put a smile on his creepy face!

20170724_210536.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Easelback overhaul

Archived