Easelback overhaul

Martian Gil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kirk !!  Fantastic job (as usual)  I have used belt dressing (available at auto stores) to rejuvenate rubber before-I used it on my Rotor robot and it makes the rubber softer and more "grippy" (is that a word?)  Congrats on your fantastic new robot-It looks great!

Thanks everyone! 

Rich, excellent idea - I'll test it tonight.

Awesome litho, even on the back of his noggin.

20170627_065350.jpg

Congratulations on another great addition to your robot army! Thanks for sharing the interior pics, I love seeing those.

Great job and a lovely robot Kirk, nice one! 

Yep, I am still here, much to some people's annoyance I imagine! 😂 🤖🏍🎸

thanks fellas, this guy adds a lot to the cabinet.

For traction on his hardened foot "nubs", I decided that I wanted to stay away from belt dressing - I'm worried that it might be a bit too harsh.

After messing around with a couple of other toys with hardened tires, I went with an odd little concoction of dish soap and armor all... light applications over a couple of hours.

I'm happy to say that so far, so good.  

He's now in some intense training for the 25cm dash... trying to lower his times so that he can challenge some other vintage bots.

hmm.   has anyone ever raced their old robots?   I'm not certain, but I feel like my homely, green headed ARM is pretty fast.

- cheers!

17 hours ago, Ranger said:

Great job and a lovely robot Kirk, nice one! 

Yep, I am still here, much to some people's annoyance I imagine! 😂 🤖🏍🎸

Paul, glad to know that you've been able to keep both wheels on the road :thumbs:

I sent you a message - thanks!

Congrats Kirk! -

A great robot and a "Must Have" for his fantastic lithoes in my opinion!

I can't really remember, but I guess it was RANDYs who did offer a perfect repro dome.

Would be worth to have a look at their actual parts listings.... Cheers, Dirk :cheers:

13 hours ago, Dirk said:

Congrats Kirk! -

A great robot and a "Must Have" for his fantastic lithoes in my opinion!

I can't really remember, but I guess it was RANDYs who did offer a perfect repro dome.

Would be worth to have a look at their actual parts listings.... Cheers, Dirk :cheers:

Thanks Dirk!   

I was only lightly entertaining the thought of getting a re-pro dome for him... questions...  

Randy's does list the dome for $125 or $150 - I forget.

I would assume that I need to send the toy in, but perhaps it's two pieces and an easy enough fix for me.   

When discussing the possibility of replacing his old dome with the Easelback himself, he expressed some concern about being sent away... he's become quite fond of my cabinet and his buddies.  

He also said that he was ok with the atmosphere of my home; no smokers, frequently smells of coffee - and occasionally a nice scotch... 

He wasn't certain that he needed his dome back.   I have my own reservations.

I WOULD certainly prefer that he has it, I just don't want to send him away - I'll contact Randy's today and investigate.    

One of my wife's tattoos is a mock up of a little Easelback with a dome.   I like it.

I then had another thought.  

This particular Easleback has some very powerful self awareness - and his mastery of the English language is impressive.  

He went to some areas that were in fact quite existential in nature.

And then I had another thought... I had to put the scotch away for the evening.   

Cheers, all!

Looks to be walking as good as any I have seen in the video so good job. As for the repro dome, no need to send it off, a proper repro dome will slip over the head and if it has the top slots already made right in to place. There should also be a top metal sloted right part that the head tabs slip threw before being bent over to hold the dome on.

Archived