KO Atom Robot New 3D Arms.

marco

I dont know for what reason but KO`s Atom Robots seems to loose their arms quite often.
Over the years I collected some of these Atoms with the same handicap: Missing Arms.

When I found them again last week in a box I decided it was time to help these poor basterds and it drove me to the drawing table to redesign their arms.
Now is 3D printing not only cool to create complete robots but its more and more helpful to complete incomplete robots again.

Here is the result of a day of Cad Drawing, printing and handpainting... First one is complete again with some fresh new arms :)

If you have a similar Atom Robot with the same handicap, let me know,  I will print you some new arms for your robot :)

Marco

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

Nice Job !

I have a left diamond planet arm 

so when you get a chance can you print the robot & right arm , thanks :biggrin:

3D printing is cool to complete robot. If I could do so, It will be a good way for my 'zero' of space to have its battery cover. 

Great job Marco. I think this application offers a great opportunity for the hobby. Too bad clear parts like domes can't be 3-D printed - or can they?

Thanks guys.

nopes, clear parts cant be printed, at least not with the printers that we use here.
there IS clear filament but there is always the structure of the building process. the lines that are visabel.

I have not seen 3D printers that are able to produce clear parts Don...
not sure if they exist already by the way..

Marco

• Brian.. changed the title to KO Atom Robot New 3D Arms.
  • 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, 6Stelab9 said:

3D printing is cool to complete robot. If I could do so, It will be a good way for my 'zero' of space to have its battery cover. 

Hi 6stelab9--Alphadrome member Nimrod sells these on ebay(or you could message him here) I bought one for my zero of space and it is exactly like the original--fits perfectly and looks great !!!

Archived